Sunday, August 26, 2012

50 mm Tower Calibration Print

Yesterday I was able to print out the 0.5 mm wall thickness calibration objects after correcting my extruder steps (found out that setting was way off thanks to the great calibration tutorial from RichRap at  http://richrap.blogspot.co.uk/2012/01/slic3r-is-nicer-part-1-settings-and.html).  The look of the 0.5 mm wall thickness is great now, and the wall thickness is right around 0.5 mm, so I decided to move on to the next calibration prints.

One of the prints is the 50 mm tower (file name "50mm-tower.stl).  It's supposed to help determine temperature settings, and is basically a 2" tall tower about 1 cm square, printed with 100% infill all the way up.  


This is what my first attempt looks like.  The calibration page in the RepRap wiki (http://reprap.org/wiki/Calibration) says "If it looks like a blob, turn down all the temps by 5 degrees until you get something good."  I think my result isn't great, but also not quite a blob, so I'm going to post the picture to the forum on RepRap.org and see if I can get some feedback on how bad or good this is, and what I need to do to improve it.

D

No comments:

Post a Comment